Start Your Weight Loss Journey
Preferred Family Medicine offers a physician-supervised weight loss program for non-members.
To qualify for the program, you should meet the following criteria:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) > 25 (BMI calculator, BMI information, BMI Chart)
- No history of drug abuse (periodic testing for drugs of abuse may be requested)
- No medical contraindications
While our doctors make every effort to medically manage weight loss using standard and proven weight loss measures, we cannot guarantee results and make no claim in that regard. Obese and overweight persons often have associated and/or underlying medical conditions (also known as "co-morbidities"). Response to medical therapy may vary from one individual to another.
To achieve sustained weight loss, you will need to make a commitment and be accountable. This will go a long way towards reaching your goal weight.
Program Fees: $200/month, recurring while on the program.
Additional Fees: see below (Prescriptions, Labs, Other testing).
Prescriptions: dispensed from our in-house pharmacy are priced at a significant discount (much less than most retail pharmacies).
Labs: initial lab screening tests are included in the first month's fee. There is no lab draw fee. Additional labs may be requested per physician discretion. We offer significantly discounted cash-pay lab pricing.
Other testing: We may partner with outside diagnostic testing facilities (e.g. radiology for body fat composition) for discounted testing. Program participants are responsible for cost of outside testing.
We offer auto-pay via credit card and/or debit/ACH. Payment for medications and/or testing is required at the time of service. You may cancel your program membership at any time. Refunds are not issued more than 30 days after payment.
- Physician consultations and follow-up weight loss management
- Diagnostic testing: EKG, labs, and others (per provider discretion)
- Prescription medications such as appetite suppressants, vitamin injections, diabetic medications, and others per provider discretion. Most medications can be dispensed in the office. Program members benefit from deeply discounted medications, rarely costing more than an additional $50/month if dispensed in-house. The cost of medications sent to outside/retail pharmacies is the responsibility of the patient.
- Frequent follow-up for accountability and coaching.
To enroll in our weight loss program, you do not have to change your primary care over to Preferred Family Medicine. This program is open to non-members.
If you are interested in signing up for our concierge direct primary care practice, please contact the office for more information.