Our privacy practices are intended to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). We will maintain the privacy of your Protected Health Information as required by HIPAA and the regulations promulgated thereunder. We encourage you to review our Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes how we may use and disclose your Health Information.
Preferred Family Medicine may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address, type of browser and operating system used to access our Site, the date and time you access our Site, the pages you visit within our Site, or if you linked to the Site from another website, the address of that most-recently visited URL. We use this information to help us make our Site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our Site, and the types of technology our visitors use.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out a questionnaire or registration form. The types of information that may be requested include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, billing information, and certain information about your health, such as your health information prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide services through the Site and any other information you input into the Site.
Use of Information
In general, we will only use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which such information was provided. We may also use this information to deliver you information about our company or promotional material from some of our partners. Your information may also be used to contact you when necessary and may be shared with companies or providers that may want to contact you with offers consistent with your stated preferences. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below. Non-personal demographic and profile data is used to tailor your experience at our site, showing you content we think you might be interested in. This information may also be shared with advertisers on an aggregate non-personal basis.
Use of IP Addresses
We may use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site.
Do Not Track
We do not track our users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. As such, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track or “DNT” signals.
We may share information you submit to us with third parties under the following circumstances:
- When you choose to share such information through our Services (for example, to transmit information to or from a healthcare provider);
- With third party service providers that have agreed to confidentiality obligations, which may include, as applicable, business associate contract obligations;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To protect our Services, the information we collect, and the rights of us, our users, and any third parties;
- To detect, prevent, investigate, or address fraud, illegal activity, or violations of our terms and agreements;
- In response to legal process, such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena, or when we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so;
- When we otherwise have your permission.
- Our Site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information.
Other Websites, Links
- Our Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- You may opt-out of receiving communications from our partners, and from us, by sending an email to email@example.com
Interaction with Children