CDL / DOT Medical Exams
Dr. Amy Scullion is a National Register Certified Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examiner and Family Medicine physician, performing DOT / CDL physical exams for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers at our South Reno, NV office.
Fast. Convenient. Thorough.
- DOT Physical Exam for Commercial Trick Drivers (CDL Physical Exam)
- School Bus Physical Exam
- Same Day appointments
- No hidden fees, includes urine test and EKG and blood glucose if needed
- Drug Test available upon request for additional 25$
NOTE: You do NOT have to be a member of Preferred Family Medicine to undergo an CDL/DOT Medical Exam with Dr. Scullion. For active patients/members of Preferred Family Medicine, the CDL/DOT exam is included in the membership.
DOT Physical Pre-Visit Checklist
Before you present for your DOT physical medical exam…
- Be at your best: Arrive well-rested, and avoid alcohol, caffeine, sodium, sugar, and large portions of carbohydrates eight hours prior to your exam
- Know your Medical History:
- Know your past medication conditions, current medical conditions, and surgical history
- Know the name, address, and phone number of current physicians
- Medications: Know the names and dosage of all prescriptions medications, over-the-counter medications, and supplements.
- Vision: Do not forget your glasses or contacts! If you think you might need corrective lens to pass the vision test make an appointment with your optometrist in advance with enough time for your new prescription to come in.
- Hearing: Bring your hearing aids!
- Blood Pressure: We recommend testing your blood pressure prior to your exam. Blood pressure readings above 160/100 may prevent you from being certified.
- Please bring a copy of the previous DOT physical form and certificate.
- Bring photo identification.
- Save Time and complete your forms beforehand
Christopher C. Highley, D.O - Aviation Medical Examiner
Dr Highley's office is at 10627 Professional Circle, Suite A, Reno, NV 89521.
We are co-located in the office of Dr Jay Schroeder, across from the 2 story office building with "Coupa" and "Blackhawk Network" signage. Near the Hampton Inn S. Reno.